Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas eve wod . . .

Did a little something Davy's friend Miles (Skinny) over at Crossfit West Sussex dreamed up:

10 rft
5 pullups
10 thrusters 45lb bar
15 kb swings. I think the big boys did 20-24k, I did 16kg (or about, 35lbs)

That was just wrong.

28:47.

Lordy I'm a slug. I am not going anywhere near Eva until I get this sluggishness figured out. I had a little bit of setup trouble, the lawn is wet so i didn't want to bring the bar out back by the pullup bar, so I ran (uh, sort of) between the garage and the backyard. That counted for some time, but if anyone tries this, uh, it's like 3 rounds of "okay, not too bad, hard, but okay" three to four rounds of "good lord, will this end?" and 3 rounds of "ahh puuuuukie go away!! aggghhgg!!" Then cash out was laying on the ground for breath . . . amrap breaths in 30 seconds . . . . .

Davy and Miles did this under 20. Well under. With more weight. Ugh. Today, I'm the bug.

Thing is, I'm STILL feeling the after affects of the thruster fiasco from last week. My quads were burning from about the 3rd thruster and man was hip pop non existent. I just couldn't get aggressive on a lot of it. There were high points: pullups were unbroken, and I was trying and getting 2-3 ctb each round. Thrusters were unbroken and I didn't hit my chin repeatedly like I did on the 500.

Anyway, tomorrow is rest day and Christmas.

Merry Christmas to everyone!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmmm... how odd... for some reason I'm not feeling any ill effects of the 500 thruster WOD at all......................