Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Arrggg, more nicks and dings . . .

Been having an odd pain in the knee . . .

Normally, my knees are rock solid. They've never been the injury prone part of me, even if I ran 45 miles a week . . .

I've had one slight knee issue, which cleared up in about two weeks of some quad strengthening exercises.

But about two weeks ago, I rolled over in my sleep and had a sharp pain in my knee. Really odd, but went back to sleep. Next day, I've got a numb spot on the side of my left knee.

It didn't seem to do much, so I just left it, under the familiar observation that about 99% of your aches just fix themselves.

Looked around on sports injury websites, but couldn't nail down what the problem was.

But after being stable for a week, it's acting up. Yesterday's hopping on one foot at crossfit really made it more sore than anything. I'm thinking it's a combination of things:

1) My double under work where I was pounding into the ground. My technique is really crappy and my achilles tendons would smart the next day.

2) I don't wear my running shoes as much as I need to during crossfit. I've got some trainers I use, but I'm sure they don't have the cushioning I'm used to. From now on I'll use those unless I know we're not running.

Ah well, I'll go "viking" for a while. This'll work itself out. I'm thinking some light swelling is putting pressure on a nerve and that's causing the numbness. The ache is slight but travelling to the front of the knee . . .

No comments: