Saturday, May 24, 2008

The painstorm is comin' baby!!!

Painstorm May 2008

100 meter run (7 laps of the backyard)
10 hang power snatch lunge lunge @75 (started at 65, dropped to 50 see below . . . )
10 pullups

6 rounds plus 100 yards (was about @ 50 when the timer went off).

Anyway:

Things started fine . . . ran my 100 meters across the back yard, got through two rounds and looked down at my bar . . . and realized it was about to come apart . . . (it's a cheapo I got at walmart . . . not oly)

Thankfully it didn't come apart when it was overhead and I was pulling the bar apart Shocked

It ticked me off for a minute . . . but there I was in the sun . . . 91 degrees . . . you know, mad dogs, Englishmen . . . crossfitters, anyway, I was already in it for a dime, so looked at my weights, and the wheels are 25lbs, so I pulled them off the bar, and then did the next best thing I could, which was dumbbell power cleans and jerks plus lunge lunge.

That was some weird suckage . . . you knew it was only going to last so long so you tried to go fast? But . . . it was debilitating enough to force you to pace, because every time I got done with a "section" I wanted to barf . . .

So, out in the 91 degree heat . . . thinking of Kempie and LRH and all my North Sea Buddies . . . . come on over, the water's fine . . . but the kool-aid is better . .

Murph on Monday . . . . and the best part . . . i need a new bar . . . and weights . . . oh noes!!! Wink Hello Oly bar and bumper plates for Father's day. Or a tie.

No comments: