Saturday, November 24, 2007

Sometimes you're the windshield . . .

Sometimes, you're the bug.


Crossfit Plano Texas
"Suffer on Saturday" (subs in parens)

5 rounds for time . . .

50 ball slams 20lb
7 muscle ups (21 pullups/21 dips)
50 sumo deadlift high pulls 32kg (20kg)
50 situps
21 hspu (21 db presses, 25lb dumbells, yeah, I know . . . )
7 muscle ups (21 pullups/21 dips)
21 kte
35lb dumbell thrusters (25lbs)
400 meter run
100 meter walking lunge
100 meter sprint
100 meter walking lunge
100 meter sprint

Just kidding about the 5 rounds, they did write that on the board, and I was trying to do pain math in my head . . . . pain math is hard.

39:00.

On the plus side, I was surprised how my kip was coming along. I can get 3-4 reliably. If I can bump that to 6-7 I'll really be somewhere.

Came in last place. Didn't use bands, however, which I think makes all the difference. You can do it a lot faster if you use the bands. However, bands are a crutch.

This is a pure grinder though.

Update: Found out I was not LAST, but 2nd to last by 30 seconds or so. But on Saturdays, I may use bands just to get 'er done.

No comments: