Thursday, November 22, 2007

Everyone did Barbara . . .

Crossfit Plano, TX, Pilgrim PT

"Runny Barbara"

400 meter run
20 pullups
30 pushups
40 situps
50 squats

I did the puppy scale:

400 meter run
5 pullups
10 pushups
15 situps
20 squats

22:32

I hadn't ever done this workout before, so I went lower scaling to make sure I'd take the fewest breaks possible, with the fewest broken sets.

Thing is, I came in 10 minutes before the best big dog (of course, he did like 4 times the work I did.) Now I'm wondering if I missed a round. But, I had no broken sets (though some of the late round pushups and situps were slowed way down like 11-12-----13--------14-----------15, and took no extensive breaks between anything. Next time I know to do more.

Still, my squat form sucks. Troy was giving me "coach grief" over it, i.e., "chest up, your hips shouldn't do that . . . " Arrg. I thought it was coming along. Not so much.

I also came in first, and everyone finished waaaaay after I did. Little Chris, the superhuman spider monkey did the whole thing in 35 something.

http://www.crossfitplano.net/thursday-november-22-2007-pilgrim-pt-2.html


Everyone else did like these marathon workouts. I mean, if it's a metcon, I shouldn't spend 55 minutes doing it, and I don't want to just slog through unless there's a reason, like a Murph or painstorm where I just want to get it over with and done.

No comments: