Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Kickin' out the squats!

Not a big deal, but hey, it's my deal.

Last night's cfit workout was ME, so we did squats.

3 x 111
3 x 121
3 x 131
3 x 155
3 x 165
3 x 175 (PR).

I said on the Brand X site that that my former one rep PR was 176, i was wrong, I failed at 176. I was writing the post from memory and for some reason thought I had hit the 176 mark. So, in fact, I had never squatted 176, but I did in fact squat 175 3x last night. Big improvement, particularly since the one rep max was only back in Sept. Lower back is very sore today though. I think its a matter of hamstring flexibility, resulting in a 'butt wink' at the very bottom of the squat.

New goal: 200lb back squat one rep max by 12/2008. To achieve goal I need to work on lots of lower weight squats say 5x5x135, etc., to keep form perfect and build the stabilizers and assist with the stretching.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Work! Keep it up!
Kim - fellow Crossfitter
Santa Cruz, CA

TexasPatrick said...

Thanks kim! Do you work out at the world hq?