Saturday, June 27, 2009

Well . . . that was weird . . .

I was slooooooow as molasses today . . . . and that's in summer . . .

It's not that bad out either, only 86 so far.

But still

Since I was in the mood for some stupidsicle, I went with the mainpage frozen delight:

[quote author="crossfitter" date="1246098088"]Two rounds of:
Right arm barbell push-press 12 reps
Left arm deadlift 12 reps
Run 800 meters
Left arm barbell push-press 12 reps
Right arm deadlift 12 reps
Run 800 meter
[/quote]

45/95lbs

two words: chalk chalk


[quote author="crossfitter" date="1246098088"]
Go heavy, run fast. Post time to completion and loads to comments.
[/quote]

Ooooh, so that's where I went wrong.

24:59 . . . Catnog . . . 7 minutes for your second round? I am not worthy . . .

In hindsight I might have gone a little heavier on push press. Once I learned to catch and balance it with the free hand it went fast.

The deads, I didn't do suitcase style since it wasn't specified. I simply grabbed the bar in the middle and went for it. It tips. If you go fast, you can clang one end down, bouncing it up destroying your rhythm, so I went for a touch-pause at the bottom to get the bar settled.

Probably should have gone heavier if i was doing this two handed I wouldn't have thought twice about 135, but maybe yesterday's front squat/high rep dead left a mark. It sure seemed worse on my arse . . . maybe it was the stabilizing, I dunno. At that weight (95) I probably should have done suitcase deads, since that would have really worked the sides. I may go and do some here in a minute as kind of a cool down.

It was the runs that were the time suck, evidently. I shoulda JDG'd the splits so I'd know, but really, the rest of it was pretty much unbroken but for tipping barbells . .

No comments: