Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Holy Crap

Oh my lord. I second the motion. Follow the link to youtube. That was spooky and I watched it at work with no sound.

Of course, its brought to us by our friendly neighbors to the North.

Now, I gotta tell you this story to tell you another story: The company I used to work used to take everyone to Canada for training about every other year. They'd bus everyone up there (or fly those of us from the hinterlands) and we'd do some training and try to make a dent in the amount of available Canadian beer.

But someone bought some smokes. And man, they had hard core warnings on the sides. I mean, here in the ol' U.S. of A, the warnings are kinda variable and contain this kinda mushy legalese sounding pablum: "The Surgeon General has determined that Smoking is most likely not the best of things you could be doing for yourself" I jest, but they used to say "Hazardous to your Health". I mean, so what? Margarine is hazardous to my health.

That simply wouldn't do for our Canadian friends, no. Their packs of death sticks, coffin nails, and lung tarrers would say things like "Smoking causes lung cancer". And "You will die from the diseases smoking causes." I kid, but not by much.

No comments: