Sunday, December 2, 2007

Look Ma! No Arms!

Since I'm still watching the rotator cuff situation, I did a version of something I picked up from Kempie, via TMoney on the Brand X Site.

500M row (400 meter run)
12 bw dead lifts (135lbs not bw, not close . . . about 45 lbs off)
21 box jumps 20" box (weight bench, 18")

11:43, 3:29/4:04/4:10 good consistency last two rounds, but big drop from the first . .

Sure wish I had a rower so I'd know where I really sat behind TMoney and Kempie.

Now here is something I did try.

In my quest for power, on the second round of box jumps, I broke them into 7/7/7 but cycled faster and took a brief rest in between.

Now, I can't figure out the 35 second drop in the second round, perhaps the run? But I think I kept the pace up well.

Didn't barf, but I should have tried harder to. :-)

Update: This is actually "Christine", a benchmark workout. :-) Did not know that. Also, note that the deads and the pulling on the row would be a crossfit evil: the uncomplementary duo, like Helen, where the heavy kettlebell swings destroy your pullup grip . . . .

----------------
Now playing: Charlie Parker - Bloomdido
via FoxyTunes

No comments: