Thursday, December 6, 2007

Michael--I owe you buddy . . .

Did a couple things:

Warmed up by running for 15 minutes, pushups, situps, air squats, 3 x 5.

Then goblet squats as form work/skill practice.

5x25, 30, 35, 40, 45,
Then 10 x 60.

The only reason I did 10 on 60lbs, was because I was still feelin' frisky.

I think I might work that into a homemade wod today.

Ended finishing up with "Michael"

As rx'd, its 3 RFT-- subs in parens.

800 meters (on treadmill)
50 situps (35)
50 back extensions (supermanses)

19:50

Not a bad time. I think had I been feeling like choking out the other 45 situps and back extensions, I could have still come in less than 24, but I'm not sure. And running on the treadmill is not running. I don't know what it is, but it's not exactly the same. I've heard various theories, no wind resistance, etc, but to me, the big difference, is that the mill does some of the movement. So when your foot hits the ground, the mill assists in the push you make. I.e., its easier. But you go faster because your cycle time i.e., your turnover rate is much quicker. . . And technically I did half miles, because that's how the treadmill counts.

I can also tell the difference in my arse, because this workout is one of the first ones I did as Rx'd (and one of the only.) But the first time I did it at the gym and not the treadmill, you realize the hideousness of it. An 800 meter run is what I'd calll "long fast": you have to run it really fast, but it's still long enough that you can't go balls out the whole way. But because its a fast run, there's lots of glute pulling action (i.e., your butt works hard) and then you do the supermans, which start taxing your glutes even more, so that when you go out for your second 800 meters, your quads are fine, but you can't get your legs to go because you got no arse left. In fact, I think this WOD is 800 meters simply because it takes 400 meters to get your legs back under you.

No comments: