Saturday, August 1, 2009

A month of Stupid . . .

I'm going to do the AuVest in August challenge: http://auvest.blogspot.com/

I will modify for my lift days, but other than that, the wods will come as they come.


Here's the AuVest creed I just stole from the Marines and marked up:

This is my weight vest. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My weight vest is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

My weight vest, without me, is useless. Without my weight vest, I am useless. I must wear my weight vest true. I must work harder than my competitor who is trying to beat me and my body which is trying to quit. I must beat them both before they beat me. I WILL...

My weight vest and myself know that what counts in this month is not the rounds we complete, the noise of our screams, nor the sweat we make. We know that it is the will that counts . WE WILL MASTER OURSELVES...

My weight vest is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, and it's straps. I will ever guard it against the ravages of weather and damage as I will ever guard my legs, my arms, my eyes and my heart against damage. I will keep my weight vest clean and ready. We will become part of each other. WE WILL...

Before God, I swear this creed. My weight vest and myself are the defenders of my pride. We are the masters of ourselves. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY LIFE.

So be it, until victory is ours and there is no more August, but rest!

No comments: