Saturday, October 11, 2008

Second WOD-CFSB Death by Clean and Jerk

Weird WOD . . .

10 rounds plus 8 @ 65lbs

I think I could have hit 12 rounds. That said, I should move up in weight.

The problems came from the set up.

When I set up well, I could feel the weight move up my shins and then the clean went well. When I didn't set up well, I could feel it in my back and I knew I didn't hit it right.

The issue was the weight. Until I get to 125lbs, (2x45 plus the 35lb bar) I won't be able to have the bar sit at the correct height (or until I get some bumper plates . . . ).

2 comments:

DougK said...

Why not elevate the bar? Put your 45's flat on the floor and use them as an elevated platform for the bar. If its not high enough add some other plates or plywood or law books.....

Just an idea.

TexasPatrick said...

Haha!! Oh man, I tried selling my old law books . . . hunnerd dollar books . . . buck and a half . . .

Anyway, I may go to a platform, and I should have been more specific, in that I did use some plates as a base, but during a clean I tend to hop around a bit, not a lot, but a bit, and then lowering the bar onto the stacked plates means hitting them just right so it was more of a pain in the backside than anything else. Though a couple of low boxes may do just the trick . . .