Friday, August 8, 2008

Diane . . . she hurts my butt

Diane

21-15-9

Deadlifts @ 225 (155)
hspu (did a pike progression off the kids' trampoline)

6:26

JDG style:


Previous attempts:

A version with pushups 4:26 on 11/25/07. Previous best from that was 11:10 with 110 lbs and half hspus to a pillow . . . on 6/10/07.

Odds and ends:

I'm not sure what to make of it really. Deads went well. Walking through the house, avoiding dogs, kids, etc., takes some time out, but no biggie. But, the hspus were unbroken. That means I need to find higher pike. I think they should be like 7-7-7, etc.

I think I need a way to do those here at home that works better.

4 comments:

DougK said...

With 155# deadlift are you focusing on form or is this really your Diane limit?

Not picking on you, honestly curious.

I always figure I'm behind you a bit but this one looks a bit light.

Doug K, aka, canus_nerdus

TexasPatrick said...

I'm not sure. Thing is, I'm keeping three things in mind. It is light-ish. Thing is, last time I did 135. I know I can do more, it's a matter of how much at a time and how much I can keep the intensity up. And I hadn't done it in a long time, so I wasn't sure how 45 fast deads were going to go up.

I did 185 at the games, but that was only 25 reps total.

So long story short: I don't think it's near my upper Diane limit, but I wanted to keep intensity high. But next time I know I can probably do 10-15 more lbs. I may even bump to 185 (hey! I can lift like a girl!).

DougK said...

This is one point that I disagree with my local CF coach. He set up 225 for me with the last Diane. I lowered it to 185. (On the previous "Diane" I hurt my back with deadlifts-for-time when I lost focus).

After the 185 event, which went well, we (coach and me) decided that 205 was the next step. I know I can pull 225 with no problem, but doing it 21 times in round 1 is another story....

The HSPU's of Diane slow me down a lot.

The point I hate is that all the sweat is running down my face until the HSPU's..........

Well, carry on, your CF progress is quite amazing. Keep it up.

dk

TexasPatrick said...

Yep. Fast means extra care.

I'm just in awe that you're still doing the burpees all at once . . . which reminds me . . . hmm time to burpee . . .

thanks for the comments

P