Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Deadlifts/Kalsu

Still getting back in the swing of things:

Deadlift:

3x5
135/185/215 (yeah, I know, don't ask because I don't really know)

Then pantywaist "Kalsu"

Kalsu is 100 thrusters (135/95)

Done like this:

At the top of every minute do 5 burpees, then max thrusters until you reach 100.

I knew 100 of anything would be a slog so I wanted something much shorter and sharper so I did

50 thrusters with a 45lb bar.

And it still took 5 minutes (being in shape would help . . . and some day I might get there).

I'm not often oblivious to where the pain is in a wod. This one completely snuck up on me.

1) If you EVER want to finish you can't lollygag.
2) The 5 burpees are destroyed and destroy your legs over time for the thrusters.
3) You find yourself racing because you know more burpees are coming.

I think you could do a lot of WODs with Kalsu style elements.

No comments: