Thursday, January 7, 2010

power cleans and fun stuff

Power cleans

2x135
2x145
1x155
1x165 F

That was just wrong. My 1rm is 175. 165 should gone up fine. Somehow I lost me nerve getting under it. I'd get it up fine but couldn't close the deal.

5rft

5 deadlifts @ 200
5 each arm db snatch (started at 35 . . . that was mistake, dropped to 25 when I couldn't get keep it stabilized overhead)

9:24

That was completely pathetic. Hmm. Not doing deadlifts, makes deadlifts harder, not easier. Well, that hypothesis tested out just fine.

the 35s were good till round 3 but very slow. I was fine with this being a heavier slower wod, after yesterday's burnfest, but still. I had been practicing the db snatch, but not at speed so the wobbles got really pronounced.

Also Armstong pullup day 4 week 1

As many "training sets" as you can do with 60 seconds rest. Do training sets until you can't anymore.

Tried training sets of 2, since Weds., 9 sets at 1 were perfect, and the advise was to go to a higher training set and see if you can get 9 sets. I got 25 before thinking, I might wear out by 10 pm. Next week is 3 per training set. That I know won't get 25 sets.

No comments: