Scalzi made me do it:
1) Intentionally failed the Army's Air Assault course.
2) Became reasonably fluent in Persian/Farsi and then lost it (and I wasn't Iranian to begin with).
3) At 6', 200lbs, been the "littlest bouncer" (how cute!) at a Country Western Bar.
4) Worked at a bar Jack Ruby used to manage.
5) Taken a class from one of Ted Bundy's professors.
6) Taken a class from one of Lee Harvey Oswald's teachers . . .
7) Had a client who claimed his father helped with the assassination of JFK.
8) Had "The Bangles" sign my chest at a music store.
9) Been a roadie for an Ethiopian band.
10) Have Gwendolyn Brooks find your favorite literature "interesting".