Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Maybe if you'd have used the 20 sided . . . .

You would have made that last saving throw . . . . R.I.P Mr. Gygax, R.I.P.

I mean, far be it from me to get into Nerd/Geek taxonomy, but it's a big tent. I'm not sure if doing this sort of thing as a youngster makes you nerd/and or geek. (I'll spare you the effort Bruce, yes.) I spent a LOT of time doing this kind of nonsense, and still now, at 42, love me some video games and fantasy fooferaah. Kind of like Tolkien invented the "way you do fantasy", Gygax and all (and isn't Gygax just the type of name you give something in a D&D world?), D&D for any shortcomings it has/had (haven't played in a group in years but do remember: "I am perfectly healthy from my 1st hit point to my 99th. When I hit zero, however, there is an abrupt halt to all lifelike activity . . . ") it set the standard. Everything else, like the worlds that weren't Amber, were shadows and versions.

The only thing you can say is thanks. You made my life more fun.

No comments: