Sunday, February 24, 2008

In da zone! Day one

I have started the zone diet as of today. I've finally mucked about with meals and stuff I will eat, and I want to catalog what happens. My motivation for doing this is simply to push my crossfitting further. If I can recover sooner, and have more energy, then so much the better.

am weigh-in: 179lbs

Breakfast 5 blocks:

zone scramble:
2 eggs, 2 oz cheese, 1 oz ham,
two corn tortillas, an apple, half cup grapes.

This was really pretty good. I think I may sub out a cup of tomatoes for the grapes, or figure out a salsa sub, but really very good.

Lunch 5 blocks:

Smoothie: 2 cups milk, 3 tbls protein powder, 2 cups frozen strawberries, 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, and scoop of cashews.

Snack: 1/2 cup grapes, 3 cashews, and a moo stick (string cheese).

Dinner same as breakfast, but with a cup of tomatoes as one block and one apple as the roundout carbs.

Snack 4 oz wine, moo stick, 3 cashews.

And the wine was goooooood. It was a present from the sister who has an in with the winery. If you like a good red wine, it's the Lolonis, 2005 Orpheus Petit Syrah,. I spilled some getting my awesome 4oz and in the dim light of the kitchen it looked dark as blood on the counter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"in the dim light of the kitchen it looked dark as blood on the counter"

yes... but what kind of blood? Ok ok, I admit... I'm a huge fan of the Crap Parenting series.

TexasPatrick said...

Bwaaha!! Yeah, I didn't think about that or ask my daughter. She did go to school with the sandwich though and made the sheeps blood sandwich joke. I'm sure her fellow 5 year olds love it. ;-)